The Big Bluff Achievement Glitched ??

Zombie Pirate T

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'm not really sure what to tell you that could fix it, but you're 100% sure you're doing it right?

I don't know if it has to be after the flop or what, but I know I got it somewhere during the flop, turn, or river.

Make sure it's head to head with 1 other person and you cause them to fold by making a bet even though you have the better hand (but there's no way for you to really know that).

You can have other people in the game, but I think it has to be just you and another person in the hand at once for the achievement.

'In a van down by the river' also doesn't seem to be unlocking...

I got "in a van..." to unlock last night in a private match. Seems you need two things to happen: 1, you need the river card to change your fortune (meaning the 5th card to turn up suddenly gives you a better hand), and 2, you need the hand to go to a showdown (meaning you flip up your cards and compare--don't have everyone fold). I'm not sure if you also need to knock the other person out of the game, but that's what happened when I got the achievement.

The "Big Bluff" on the other hand, I have no idea. I've tried a bunch of different things and no luck so far.

The last time this achievement was unlocked was on October 20th, according to TA which is a reliable source.

So, like someone has already mentioned, the latest title update (which I guarantee you was on the 20th) has glitched this. Not the first time an update has glitched previously working achievements.

Lets hope they address this problem, because that would be insanely retarded to not be able to complete the game. Especially for those who manage to get the other more crap poker achievements. Has anyone tried resetting your cache and trying just basic system link? I wonder if that would work.

I got "in a van..." to unlock last night in a private match. Seems you need two things to happen: 1, you need the river card to change your fortune (meaning the 5th card to turn up suddenly gives you a better hand), and 2, you need the hand to go to a showdown (meaning you flip up your cards and compare--don't have everyone fold). I'm not sure if you also need to knock the other person out of the game, but that's what happened when I got the achievement.

In a van worked fine for me about two hours ago, but as for the big bluff me n a friend tried this for two hours and no luck whatsoever.

Good to know. I'll try it again later. Hopefully Poker Ace is OK as well.

Still no reply from Rockstar Support. Poor show. Maybe everyone else should contact them as well?

The last time this achievement was unlocked was on October 20th, according to TA which is a reliable source.

Careful, though. TA also turned off scanning for this game as of xbox.com's site redesign. The new format is giving TA problems when a game has secret achievements in both the original achievement set and in DLC. Also, TA mentioned something about no more timestamps on achievements.

Anyway, with scanning turned off, none of the RDR achievements will show as having been obtained since then. So we can't use that as evidence that the achievement is not obtainable now, although it does suggest that the achievement was unlockable up at at least the 20th.

I keep wondering if maybe they changed something. Maybe it has to be Public now? Maybe you need more than 2 playerts now? I've talked to a few people who unlocked this previously and it used to be stupid-easy to get. It definitely is not stupid-easy now. I've tried every solution I could think of short of random Public matches with strangers and Big Bluff is not unlocking.

Yes TA has stopped scanning of RDR until he can figure a way around Secret cheeves in DLC. I started RDR after that announcement, currently have 1160GS, but none scanned by TA. So not a reliable source at the moment for the last award for Big Bluff

OT: Just been trying this tonight in Public Free Roam, and this will not unlock

We tried folding with just 2 cards, when one was clearly superior. I folded on the river after my partner went all in. I had a Full house King High.

No cheeve. We tried for over an hour folding at different points in the draw. No luck

In a Van. Popped 1st time!